Monday, September 2, 2013

Reality Check… Hey Its September!

Wow! I passed by a furniture shop some days back and I saw this fine Double Decker bed! Immediately image flashes of my childhood came to me… remembering this fine Double Decker bed made with mazonia wood, that was in the children's room for my sister and i, I loved my bed so much, my younger sister was down, and i on top, if I wanted her to do something she didn't want to do, I would tell her she wasn't allowed to climb up to my bed, because I made it my terrain, and then she would immediately do my bidding… lol. Well that’s enough, now back to the present…

That feeling when you pass by a little boy and he greets, “good afternoon ma or sir”, to you, you are still young, but then the thought comes… Am getting old… *scary* but true. you might  think, you are still young, there’s still time and can do anything. you are young; that’s true, you  can do anything; that’s kind of true too, but there’s time? Ne, Neh, Nope, At all, Lie lie, NO… truth be told, time waits for no one.

I was opportune to hear the conversation between two hair stylists, complaining and feeling sad about how hard they worked, resuming early, closing late at night and still had little money and time for themselves, but what interested me most was when one of the said “but as I no go school wetin I go do”? Yes some might say there are successful hairstylists or business people that didn't go to school, It is true, but that’s one(1) in fifty(50)  and if you do a little background check on them, they have a certificate or two(meaning they are educated in their respective fields!), where did they acquire the certificate from? School! Education is important *word*

Don't be a "what if". Act on your ideas, don't just rely on on your certificates alone, if you have a craft or talent or something you are good at, act on it, plus the knowledge your education gave you, you would never beg( you know what I mean *wink*).

Make haste, while the sun shines! When I was a child I thought like a child but now that am grown... Corinthians 13:11… And… That’s all!
Happy new month friends!

    

1 comment: