Saturday, September 14, 2013

Campus Rookies;The Blank Nigt


EPISODE 1

Huge structures, youths everywhere, I entered the university compound with lots of expectations, looking around me, the whole environment looked like I was in a strange land, and so far am trilled! So much freedom! I have never had this much freedom, I could do whatever I wanted! And there was no one to “monitor” me, ask where am going to or when am coming back? I was free… free at last! And all the advices of my mother, was thrown away, along with the gala and juice-can, I threw out the window of the bus I came in from Aba to Lagos… I was in “Lasgidi”, attending “the almighty Unilag”, and most of all… I am now a Unilag babe! Chei! Am on point! And I intend to let “this school” pass through me and not just pass through the school alone (interpretation; live the student life to the fullest…)
       Still looking around and walking… and bump! a head on collision… but thank God it was between two human beings, I just bumped into a guy… “oh am sorry” I said, rubbing my head at the same time, I felt like my vision was blur, don’t know how the hit affected my eyes. “you should look where you are going to” he said in a friendly and sexy baritone voice, most guys I know would shout at the person that hit them ( no offence to the male folk), now all I wanted to do was see “the face of this nice guy with the sexy voice”, I removed my hand from my head after twitching my eyes for awhile, I saw his face… He was dark, short, chubby and the nose… flat, to top it all, he was wearing shorts and his legs were not just it for the shorts! I don’t know why some guys would wear shorts without considering how the legs look under them? Oh my! This wasn’t what I anticipated the first guy I meet in school, whom I had already started to admire, would be like… what luck! I was actually expecting him to my prince charming, with that voice! (na wa oh!) ehn… Yes, I know I can’t create a human being, but you can’t blame a girl for having high expectations… and me already thinking of a boyfriend, is partly the part I want the school to pass through me…
     I said, I was Seun, and you are? … oh! He was talking to me, (so I answered, to be polite, plus I knew no one heres, so the fact that I needed a friend was a necessity)… “am Ijeoma, I.j for short” I said smiling, please can you show me around, I need to do my registration and I don’t know my way around the school, because am new (I asked sharply), he accepted my request being a nice guy that he was, or probably ‘cause he had something else in mind… well that one concern am, I need him for now and so I would go with the flow…

On another side of the campus, this sleek Mazda cx- 9, just entered the school compound and parked by a corner, a man came out of the driver’s seat, he was young and in his mid 30’s, of an average height, chocolate skin toned, in a well tailored suit and was also wearing dark sun-glasses, he didn’t look like a student, could be a young lecturer, with style of course, but I was still in doubt because of the dark shades and his whole outfit. He went to the other side of the car and opened the back door, I could hear what he was saying because I was quite close by, “oga, we are now at your school, your registered courses, receipts, and all you need to know about the university and your courses are in that file inside the back pockets of the driver’s seat, all that’s left for you to do, is to attend lectures” the man said, and In response, I heard “thank you osas”. (What! did I just hear I just hear his registration and every other “usual new student hustle” had already been done for him! God! I wish I were him. Oga I need to rush home to run some errands or do you need me for anything else? “No no”, the person in the car answered abruptly, I can take care of myself, you just go and do what you have to do, tell my dad we arrived safely, and the driver left. ehn ehn, who does this guy think he is they would bring him to school with an expensive ride, and the person that brought him, goes home, leaving the car for him to drive around school…
      Well I must see the person in that car sha… I don’t know what he’s still doing inside the car, it’s 15 minutes and he’s still inside the car, this yeye boy should come out jor! just as I was thinking, I saw a black pair of NIKE booths, black jean trousers tucked in them, white long sleeved t-shirt tucked into the trouser in a fashionable way and turned up just below the elbow, and the head and neck that sat on that well built body was a well chiseled face nice, thick eye brows, and red lips, he had this nice sexy haircut and he was dark skinned, I wondered how a person could have such red lips… immediately after seeing “him”, I had no choice but to stop hating and start admiring God’s creature, but how could some people be so lucky? Good looking, no great looking! (please permit my choice of word) me and also rich! Well am sure he know’s nothing because people “like this”, depend only on their looks and money… hmmm, let me go about my own business oo, I still needed to complete my registration. Passing by his car, I heard a voice “hey sexy”, was he talking to me? I turned to ask, excuse me, “were you talking to me?” but then I realized, what I heard, was from the music in his car, probably a treysongz or a Jason durelo song playing, and the excuse me, I said, was what made him notice me, I had just made a fool of myself, then he replied “no I didn’t, but thank goodness you called my attention beautiful (he did not just rub it in my face, but at least he said beautiful, I would just turn around and walkaway) but that changed, because he said, please can you show me the halls close to the faculty of science? Am supposed to have a lecture in one of them now… What! i guess he’s in sciences?  Because the halls close to the faculty of science, were for only those who studied science courses. With which brain? He would probably be studying one of those easy science courses, anyway, I would direct him, because it would save me the stress of trekking under the sun for awhile and that was the exact place I was going to, so I agreed.
        I didn’t want to alight from the car when we got to the faculty building, because of the a.c in the car, he said “thanks, and I said “you are welcome”, I came down from the car, we didn’t say bye to each other, I left and he didn’t even ask for my number! Who does this guy think he is sef… whatever!
 
   .....To be continued! 

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait 2 c Hw d storyline unfolds...chika, wtout any sense of a doubt, u inspire me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi,pls while u wait do u think d cool guy is a cool whiz/part empty?

      Delete
  2. Totally luv ur use of 9ja slangs &cool guy "seriously" !!! no num. questn "na real waa.. .bt still i would definitely luv 2 see wat happens next in dat "nest".

    ReplyDelete