Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Local Flavour

And yes! My jamb result is out, I made it! Yes I made it! So I made the cut off mark which would enable me write the POST-UTME examination for my admission into the University. I was so happy but that wasn’t the joy of my happiness… I was travelling to another state and away from home without my parents or anyone to give orders #the joy of most youths… lol. The best part is that I was going to Port Harcourt! The city I had heard so much about, at this point I really didn’t care if the “hype” about the city was too much, well…

I was walking out of the gate of the University of Port Harcourt after writing my exams, Lo and behold something caught my eyes it was fresh and beautifully enticing, my nostrils were filled with mixed aroma, spice, sweet pepper, and a lot of other things I couldn’t quite figure out just by perceiving, all of it came from the same direction, it could wake up a man that just fainted… it was ‘Bole’ (roasted plantain) I was used to Bole, because I resided in Lagos state, but there was something, oh no a lot of things were different about this Port Harcourt Bole. There was roasted fish, pepper sauce, ‘Abacha’, Onions etc. I knew I had to have a taste.

Hurriedly i crossed the road with so much joy… what can I say, I didn’t create the adage ‘the heart of a man lies in his belly’… I am not a man, but everyone has a belly, male or female *grin*. So my plate of Bole, fish and sauce (a local delicacy of the Rivers people) was in front of me, I took a bite… and at that point I realized that this was surely a Local Flavor and I definitely would be back for more. You should try to have some whenever you visit the city of Port Harcourt too. You can thank me later, and you are welcome. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment